- Confirm that firewood #firewood is stored at least 20 feet away from your home (attracts termites).
- Remove hoses from outdoor water spigots and insulate if necessary.
- Familiarize responsible family members with the gas main shut-off valve, main and interior water shut-off valve, and other appliance valves.
- Check and clean or replace furnace air filters each month during the heating season.
- Monitor your home for excessive moisture levels – – for example, condensation on your windows, which can cause significant damage over time and pose serious health problems – – and take corrective action.
- Examine windows and doors for ice accumulation or cold air leaks. If found, make a note to repair or replace in the spring.
- Examine attic for frost accumulation. Check roof for ice dams or icicles.
- Make sure all electrical holiday decorations have tight connections.
- Test all AFCI and GFCI devices.
- Only when it is safe to do so, occasionally check for ice-dam formation in the guttersHome Run Inspections, LLCOklahoma: 405-905-9175Florida: 850-203-3239
We Cover All the Bases!
Serving the Oklahoma City metro and surrounding areas including Edmond, Yukon, Piedmont, Bethany, El Reno, Tuttle, Mustang, Moore, Norman, Midwest City, Del City, Choctaw, McCloud, Shawnee, Harrah, Newalla, Jones, and more.
Also Now Serving the Florida Panhandle metro areas including Destin, Fort Walton Beach, Okaloosa Island, Miramar Beach, Santa Rosa Beach, Niceville, Shalimar, Freeport, Crestview, DeFuniak Springs, Panama City Beach, and more.
Schedule Your Inspections Online at:
Like us on FaceBook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Instagram