Spring has sprung!(Maybe-depending on when you read this) March 20th was the first day of spring, so as you are spending more time outdoors, take a few minutes to address some Spring home maintenance items that will help to maintain the value of your investment:
- Roof: Check for damage to your roof. Especially here in Oklahoma you should do this after each big spring storm.
- Exterior Siding & Trim: Check all the fascia and trim for deterioration and caulk as needed.
- Masonry: Check for masonry cracks or voids and tuck-point as needed.
- HVAC: Have an HVAC professional inspect and maintain your system as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Water Heater: Check your water heater for leaks or rust. Drain water heater tank to reduce sediment (consult a licensed plumber first if you have not been doing this annually for your water heater).
- Fire Extinguishers: Check you fire extinguishers. I recommend you have one for your kitchen and garage.
- Kitchen Exhaust: Clean the kitchen exhaust hood and air filter.
- Concrete: Repair all cracked, broken and uneven driveways and walks to help provide a level walking surface.
- Plumbing: Check the shutoff valves at the plumbing fixtures to make sure they function.
- Dryer Exhaust: Clean the clothes dryer exhaust duct and damper and the space under the dryer. Ensure that your dryer is venting to the exterior and not to the attic or garage.
- Gutters: Clean gutters and downspouts. Repair as necessary. Make sure water is diverted from the home.
- Filters: Replace HVAC filters, water treatment system filters, water filter in the refrigerator, and any other filters as needed.
- Concrete: Pressure wash deck, drive, and walkways.
- Exterior: Walk exterior perimeter of house and check for potential entry points for critters.
- Detectors: Replace batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.Home Run Inspections, LLC
We Cover All the Bases!
Serving the Oklahoma City metro and surrounding areas including Edmond, Yukon, Piedmont, Bethany, El Reno, Tuttle, Mustang, Moore, Norman, Midwest City, Del City, Choctaw, McCloud, Shawnee, Harrah, Newalla, Jones, and more.
Also Now Serving the Florida Panhandle metro areas including Destin, Fort Walton Beach, Okaloosa Island, Miramar Beach, Santa Rosa Beach, Niceville, Shalimar, Freeport, Crestview, DeFuniak Springs, Panama City Beach, and more.
Schedule Your Inspections Online at:
Like us on FaceBook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Instagram